Our traditional stone-built house is located at the beginning of the hill, only a few meters away from the port and from the centre of Hydra. It’s the perfect shelter for a family with kids who want to spend some days in Hydra, away from the city noises.
Please note that in Hydra NO CARS or MOTORBIKES are allowed.
Guests: 1 – 6
Beds: 1 double 2 singles
Sofa beds: 2
Bathrooms: 1 outside the house
Port: 1 km
Downtown/Capital: Inside town
Closest transportation: Donkeys only!
Are you looking for a family accommodation in Hydra?
Our three-level traditional stone-built house of 150m2 can accommodate up to 6 adults.
The house has its own entrance, but please note that you have to walk at least fifty stairs from the main road to reach it.
At the ground level of the house, there is a traditional fully equipped kitchen and a dining area with a fireplace. You can also see the well, where they used to gather water for their household in the past years. There is also a bathroom and a washing area, outside of the main house.
At the first floor of the house, there is one bedroom with two single beds and an extra single sofa-bed. There is also a small living room. The view from the windows over the sea and the town is really breathtaking. There is also a patio with outdoor furniture, where you can enjoy the panoramic sea view and admire the fabulous landscape of Hydra.
The access to the second level of this accommodation is only by a staircase without a door that passes from the first floor.
The second floor of the house has one bedroom with a double bed and a single sofa-bed.
What about the facilities?
The entire property and its amenities are at your exclusive use. Please remember that we are living in Athens, but our partner in Hydra will welcome you to the house and will help you with anything you may need.
Bed linen, towels, bath amenities and a hairdryer are offered to our guests. There is a boiler for hot water 24/7. You can use our washing machine for your laundry. All the rooms of this house are air-conditioned and it has a TV and a wi-fi internet connection.
In case of emergency, there is a fire extinguisher in the house.
And the location?
Hydra is a peaceful island close to Athens. There is a frequent high-speed daily connection with Athens and many people prefer this destination for a short break away from their daily routine.
The Town of Hydra Island, which is the centre of the entire island, is built amphitheatrically around the port. If you visit Hydra for the first time, you will be impressed by the tall buildings and the manors that are built at the area of the port. Stroll in the picturesque stone alleys to the old Settlement of the town and the medieval Kiafa, the fortress of Hydra, and enjoy the view of Peloponnesus.
Hydra has got a lot of beaches with rocks or sand and pebbles. You can access them on foot, with donkeys or by sea transportation. The common characteristic of these beaches is the crystal clear blue sea. Discover your own swimming paradise in Hydra.
Life is Hydra is very calm, but it’s intense and cosmopolitan at nights. In Hydra, you can find everything you need: mini-markets, bank facilities, and pharmacies.
Please note that cars and motorbikes are not allowed on the island. You can rent a taxi-donkey for your transfers.
Check reviews from guests that booked through other sites
- The entire accommodation and its amenities are at your exclusive use!
- Check with us special discounts we are offering depending on season, length of stay, number of kids.
- After your booking, we are sending you an email with all the different options of reaching the accommodation and a map of the area.
- Don’t forget to ask for airport/ port transfer (at an extra cost). It’s not a problem if you arrive or leave after midnight!
You also have the option to arrive on your own and meet at the accommodation ( availability applies depending on the area and time of your check in ).
- Renting a car in Greece is now easier with us!
- Worried about your luggage storage? Not anymore!
- Do you need any extra services?
- Are you for an organised tour or do you prefer to do things on your own?
Payment & Cancellation Terms
- If you want to make a reservation for any of our properties, you have to pay 20% of the total cost as a deposit.
- This deposit is non-refundable.
- We accept PayPal , Bank transfer and cash. Pay Pal or Bank transfer charges are paid by the customer .
- The pay off must be done until 30 days before your arrival via PayPal or Bank Transfer. Your reservation is automatically cancelled if we do not receive payment of the remaining amount, until 30 days before your arrival date, unless you have informed us by email that you wish to pay in cash .
- Alternatively you can pay in cash upon arrival.
- Alteration of the dates of the reservation is possible, as long as there is availability for your new dates. If different pricing is applied on your new dates, we will adapt the total cost accordingly.
- Please note that babies less than 1 year old can stay in our accommodation free of charge and in most cases we can provide you for free a baby cot. Please check with us prior to a booking , if the accommodation that you are looking for, is suitable for a baby.
- Every kid older than 12 months is considered as an extra guest. We offer special discounts for Families with 3+ kids.
- If extra guests (other than the one you have already paid) show up upon your arrival , they will be charged the cost of an extra guest.
- No refunds for cancellation within the last 30 days from the date that your reservation starts.
- If you cancel until 31 days prior to your arrival date, you will get refunded whatever amount you have already paid, but not the 20% deposit which is non-refundable.